dimecres, 27 de novembre del 2013

Issue 2.3: Self-Identity and Gender Identity Construction.



To talk about this issue we need, first of all to have clear the main concepts: 

- Self-concept: How do I see myself?
- Self-esteem: Do I like what I see from myself?
- Possible Self: How will I be? How should I be? How would I like to be?
- Identity: Different selves

Basically the self-concept is about the way you see, just being egocentric and without wondering of anything else "I look tall", the self-esteem appears when we compare ourselves with someone else "I look too tall", if you think about the "too" it's because you may have found that you are the tallest person of the class.
 
So basically the evolution of the selves in primary age is:


From


To

Simple and global


Differentiated and articulated

Arbitrary and changing


Coherent and stable


Concrete

Abstract

Absolute


Relative


External


Internal


Moreover, the self-stem affects our capacity to perform right, because if I think I'm not able to do it, I won't absolutely able to do it, but because I'm keeping myself from my abilities to work properly, and with all the skills that I could. On the other hand, if I trust myself and I think I'm capable to achieve that goal, I may perform better, because I know that I can do it.

In the second part, the gender identity construction talks basically bout the emotional learning related with the gender. It has been told many times that girls develop intellectually before the boys, moreover, when we went to a Primary Education school to talk about out topic for the research project which was basically the student's development in school when they are suffering a divorce situation at home, we found out that most of the teachers talked about girls performing so much better in this aspect, not only because we use to have more sensitivity, but because most of the times the emotional regulation is learned before, so girls know what and how they feel and this knowledge can help them to express themselves.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada